Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Featured on the News Photographers Association of Canada Web Site

I was part of the recent "Wassup!" feature posted on the News Photographers Association of Canada (NPAC) web site. The feature is a round-up of who is up to what in the world of Canadian newspaper photography. Check it out at: www.npac.ca/?p=431

A photo of me was posted from the NPAC conference in Vancouver from April 2008. If I look in love with Ted Grant, it's because I am. He's an absolute photojournalism legend and I thought I was going to die when he took a good half hour to chat with me. I remember the conference very well as it was immediately following my internship at the Calgary Herald. That month was overwhelming, but pretty much one of the most exciting times of my life.

****

2008 Western Academy of Photography grad, honours degree in Communications from Queen’s University and a certificate in Public Relations from Ryerson University grad, Della Rollins secured the summer photo internship at the Winnipeg Sun. Della has completed internships with the Calgary Herald, Edmonton Sun and Della has also freelanced for the Ottawa Sun. Della, who loves to travel, describes herself on her website and, “Urban nomad without a fixed address” she continues, “Make her an offer, she might just move there!” Websites; www.dellarollins.com, http://dellarollins.blogspot.com, www.winnipegsun.com, www.calgaryherald.com, www.ottawasun.com and www.edmontonsun.com



2008 Western Academy of Photography grad Della Rollins gets a portfolio review, some feedback and tips by Canadian photojournalism icon Dr. Ted Grant (left) and Sun, Edmonton Examiner and 24 hours (Edmonton) photo editor Tom Braid at the 2008 Photojournalism conference put on by NPAC.ca in Vancouver this April. Photo by Ward Perrin/Vancouver Sun

About Della

I'm Della. I take pictures.

I'm a freelance photojournalist based in Toronto. My work has appeared in The Globe and Mail, The National Post, Toronto Life, Hello! Magazine, The Calgary Herald and Sun Media publications. I have also shot for a number of corporate clients, including the Government of Canada, the Law Society of Upper Canada, ING, Accenture, Pfizer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Takeda, Amgen and Merck Frosst.

Likes: Snoopy Sno-Cone makers, dinosaurs, sharks, hot chocolate, ice cream, This American Life, CBC Radio, asparagus, zebras, travel, photography, grape soda, ice cream, naps, hoodies, the library, good e-mails, duvets, new books, mittens and lists.

Dislikes: Unicorns, ponies, glitter, tomato, wet cat food.

Check out my website at www.dellarollins.com
Contact me at: drollinsphoto (at) gmail.com

Follow iamayardsale on Twitter

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP