Monday, August 10, 2009

10 Minutes With Dominic Barton

"No more than 10 minutes."

I hate hearing these words, especially when I have to drive my subject to a location and back.

Still, Dominic Barton (who wasn't the one imposing the 10 minute deadline), was wonderful to photograph. He didn't act like some bigshot (despite the fact that he is a bigshot in the business world) as he climbed into my tiny Honda Civic, politely noting the hockey stick and pretending not to notice just how loud I had the music cranked when I initially turned the car on. He even insisted on carrying my gear back into the newsroom afterwards. Sweet!







2 comments:

Shelley August 10, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

OK, lady, you're doing my portraits from now on.

Unknown August 13, 2009 at 10:57 PM  

Kind of a striking subject. Love the 3rd shot.

About Della

I'm Della. I take pictures.

I'm a freelance photojournalist based in Toronto. My work has appeared in The Globe and Mail, The National Post, Toronto Life, Hello! Magazine, The Calgary Herald and Sun Media publications. I have also shot for a number of corporate clients, including the Government of Canada, the Law Society of Upper Canada, ING, Accenture, Pfizer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Takeda, Amgen and Merck Frosst.

Likes: Snoopy Sno-Cone makers, dinosaurs, sharks, hot chocolate, ice cream, This American Life, CBC Radio, asparagus, zebras, travel, photography, grape soda, ice cream, naps, hoodies, the library, good e-mails, duvets, new books, mittens and lists.

Dislikes: Unicorns, ponies, glitter, tomato, wet cat food.

Check out my website at www.dellarollins.com
Contact me at: drollinsphoto (at) gmail.com

Follow iamayardsale on Twitter

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP