Friday, September 25, 2009

Prairie Pedal

Meet Shane Saunderson.

Shane biked from Calgary to Toronto to raise money for Myeloma Canada. Shane's father was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma just over two years ago, so he took this trip to help raise money and awareness for the disease.

The people at Celgene Canada were nice enough to help Shane out on his bike ride, making a huge donation of $10,000 to his fundraising efforts. So Shane and Kevin Leshuk Celgene Canada's GM biked from Princess Margaret Hospital in downtown Toronto to Celgene's offices in Oakville to accept the cheque.

I'd like to say that I biked along with them the entire distance, but really, I just stopped along the way to get a few pictures.


Celgene GM Kevin Lushuk waits for Shane Saunderson to bike up at Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto.


Shane bikes up to meet Kevin to start the trip.









1 comments:

shananigans November 30, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

Fantastic shots!! I'm glad I finally stumbled across on all of these... Celgene had been holding out!

-Shane

About Della

I'm Della. I take pictures.

I'm a freelance photojournalist based in Toronto. My work has appeared in The Globe and Mail, The National Post, Toronto Life, Hello! Magazine, The Calgary Herald and Sun Media publications. I have also shot for a number of corporate clients, including the Government of Canada, the Law Society of Upper Canada, ING, Accenture, Pfizer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Takeda, Amgen and Merck Frosst.

Likes: Snoopy Sno-Cone makers, dinosaurs, sharks, hot chocolate, ice cream, This American Life, CBC Radio, asparagus, zebras, travel, photography, grape soda, ice cream, naps, hoodies, the library, good e-mails, duvets, new books, mittens and lists.

Dislikes: Unicorns, ponies, glitter, tomato, wet cat food.

Check out my website at www.dellarollins.com
Contact me at: drollinsphoto (at) gmail.com

Follow iamayardsale on Twitter

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP