Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Calvin Trillin

New Yorker writer Calvin Trillin is one serious dude.

I had the chance to photograph him at swanky Toronto restaurant Canoe today. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but he's got some sort of intense-chessplayer-Winston-Churchill-elder-statesman vibe going on. Strange, considering he's moderating a panel discussion on the subject of poutine at U of T tonight.

For the record, he told me that he doesn't have a position on poutine.

Oh yeah, and the staff at Canoe were awesome. I expected them to be stuffy and not particularly helpful since I wasn't wearing a business suit, but they were gracious hosts for the shoot. Maybe I'll blow today's paycheque on dinner there.

0 comments:

About Della

I'm Della. I take pictures.

I'm a freelance photojournalist based in Toronto. My work has appeared in The Globe and Mail, The National Post, Toronto Life, Hello! Magazine, The Calgary Herald and Sun Media publications. I have also shot for a number of corporate clients, including the Government of Canada, the Law Society of Upper Canada, ING, Accenture, Pfizer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Takeda, Amgen and Merck Frosst.

Likes: Snoopy Sno-Cone makers, dinosaurs, sharks, hot chocolate, ice cream, This American Life, CBC Radio, asparagus, zebras, travel, photography, grape soda, ice cream, naps, hoodies, the library, good e-mails, duvets, new books, mittens and lists.

Dislikes: Unicorns, ponies, glitter, tomato, wet cat food.

Check out my website at www.dellarollins.com
Contact me at: drollinsphoto (at) gmail.com

Follow iamayardsale on Twitter

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP