Saturday, September 18, 2010

TIFFmania

When people hear that I'm shooting anything TIFF-related (which I've actually shot very little of, just a few parties for the Globe's Society pages) they get really excited. I could be shooting all sorts of amazing, important stories involving everyday people, but they will still continue to fixate on TIFF.

"Who have you met?"

"Who have you photographed?"

"Who's the most famous person you've shot?"

So for all of you asking, here are a few TIFF shots I did for the Globe's Society pages. Nothing exciting photography-wise, just a ton of on-camera flash for the two seconds you get to photograph people against terrible backgrounds.

For the record, it's not that glamourous. It's not like I got to sit down and knock back drinks with these people. They aren't inviting me to their LA mansions or to hang out with them next Sunday over brunch with their celeb friends. We are not facebook friends or BFFs. To them I'm just another idiot with a camera interrupting their night out.

And yes, that is the Dog Whisperer with Jian Ghomeshi.





















0 comments:

About Della

I'm Della. I take pictures.

I'm a freelance photojournalist based in Toronto. My work has appeared in The Globe and Mail, The National Post, Toronto Life, Hello! Magazine, The Calgary Herald and Sun Media publications. I have also shot for a number of corporate clients, including the Government of Canada, the Law Society of Upper Canada, ING, Accenture, Pfizer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Takeda, Amgen and Merck Frosst.

Likes: Snoopy Sno-Cone makers, dinosaurs, sharks, hot chocolate, ice cream, This American Life, CBC Radio, asparagus, zebras, travel, photography, grape soda, ice cream, naps, hoodies, the library, good e-mails, duvets, new books, mittens and lists.

Dislikes: Unicorns, ponies, glitter, tomato, wet cat food.

Check out my website at www.dellarollins.com
Contact me at: drollinsphoto (at) gmail.com

Follow iamayardsale on Twitter

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP