Sunday, July 3, 2011

Spartan Race

People are so crazy.

This was confirmed for me when I photographed the Spartan Race. It's a race that involves running a 5km circuit, broken up by various obstacles, including slithering through mud and ice under barbed wire, running through fire and water, dragging/carrying heavy things up and down large hills, climbing over tall things, throwing spears and being attacked by strangers with large padded sticks.

Also, the entire course is a surprise. You have no idea what it's going to entail until you actually run it. You can't even train for it.

Why you would want to pay to do something that causes you to bleed, I certainly don't understand, but it was a lot of fun to shoot.

I will say this - this assignment kicked MY ass. I essentially had to run the course myself twice and returned home with a rash on my legs (poison ivy?!?), an eye swollen shut (allergic to something), sweaty (run, run, run to get the picture) and covered in mud.















0 comments:

About Della

I'm Della. I take pictures.

I'm a freelance photojournalist based in Toronto. My work has appeared in The Globe and Mail, The National Post, Toronto Life, Hello! Magazine, The Calgary Herald and Sun Media publications. I have also shot for a number of corporate clients, including the Government of Canada, the Law Society of Upper Canada, ING, Accenture, Pfizer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Takeda, Amgen and Merck Frosst.

Likes: Snoopy Sno-Cone makers, dinosaurs, sharks, hot chocolate, ice cream, This American Life, CBC Radio, asparagus, zebras, travel, photography, grape soda, ice cream, naps, hoodies, the library, good e-mails, duvets, new books, mittens and lists.

Dislikes: Unicorns, ponies, glitter, tomato, wet cat food.

Check out my website at www.dellarollins.com
Contact me at: drollinsphoto (at) gmail.com

Follow iamayardsale on Twitter

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP